I’m back with Blogtober Day 2 with a tag! I found this one a while ago over on Bookish in Bed and I thought it sounded so interesting – even if it isn’t book related!
I love getting to know the blogger behind the posts, so thought since I’ve been absent for quite a bit of 2019 this would be a good tag to do to introduce myself again!
1. What are your nicknames? What do you prefer to be called?
My nickname is normally either Megs, Meg or Meggy! I like being called any of those, but Megs is normally my go to!
2. How often do you doodle? What do your doodles look like?
I doodle A LOT whilst I’m at work. Normally it’s crappy doodles of flowers or of hearts!
3. What do you do if you can’t sleep at night? Do you count sheep? Toss and turn? Try to get up and do something productive?
I normally toss and turn for a bit, then as long as I’m not disturbing Ben that much I’ll try to read for a bit as it relaxes me! However my ultimate way to try to get to sleep is watching or listening to ASMR videos which have done SO much for me throughout my anxiety filled nights (if you don’t know what ASMR is then go check it out – my favourite is KarunaSatoriASMR!).
4. Do people consider you to be talkative or quiet?
It really depends on the situation. I have really bad depression and anxiety so not only does it depend on the day you get me, it also depends on who I’m with. If it’s people I’m comfortable with then I never shut up – anyone else and I’ll be super quiet until I get to know them.
5. What makes you cry?
Honestly what DOESN’T make me cry.
6. What is your biggest pet peeve?
People who chew with their mouths open.
7. How many times a day do you look at yourself in the mirror?
Not many times – normally only when I have to like to do my hair.
8. What is the strangest thing you believed as a child?
I used to think that if you rubbed your eyes too hard, you’d end up popping your eye back into your head and it would bounce around – I WAS YOUNG AND NAIVE OKAY????
9. What is the guilty pleasure you enjoy too much to give up?
Listening to Disney Channel Movie soundtracks! HSM and Camp Rock? YES THANK YOU.
10. Who performs the most random acts of kindness out of everyone you know?
Ben’s nan. She is so selfless and no matter what anyone else needs doing, she will do it in a second.
11. How often do you read the newspaper? Which sections?
To say I have a degree in Journalism I’m sad to say I barely read it.
12. Which animal scares you the most?
MILLIPEDES OR CENTIPEDES BECAUSE THEY HAVE TOO MANY LEGS
13. Are you more likely to avoid conflict or engage with it?
Avoid 100% – I don’t like conflict.
14. What is the most recent compliment you’ve received?
My friend at work told me I looked nice and summery and brought like to a dreary day which was so sweet!
15. What question are you tired of hearing?
“Can you tell me my balance please?”
16. What is the strangest thing you have eaten?
I don’t really eat weird things, so I guess just a donut burger?
17. Do you have a whole lot of acquaintances or just a few very close friends?
Definitely a few very close friends.
18. Do you have a catchphrase?
“Nah that’s sick” is one I use ALL THE TIME.
19. What’s your all-time favourite town or city? Why?
York is my favourite. I love how peaceful and utterly beautiful it it is, and there’s so many things to do. It’s my favourite place in the UK.
20. If you had to change your first name, what would you change it to?
Phoebe is my favourite name in the world, but before I was born my parents wanted to call me Paige so my full name would have been Paige Turner and as I LOVE reading it would have fit me perfectly – so that!
21. When was the last time you lied?
22. What’s something that amazes you?
How amazing my friends and family are everyday. Whether they are battling their own mental health issues, or just doing something such as supporting a friend or family member – their strength is amazing to me.
23. Would you rather be the first person to explore a planet or be the inventor of a drug that cures a deadly disease?
Definitely the drug that cures a deadly disease. I’m completely terrified of space and I know how heartbreaking diseases can be so to cure that would be amazing.
24. What is your favourite amateur activity?
Reading I guess? Idk what an amateur activity is haha!
25. What was your first thought when you got up this morning?
Do I actually need to get up yet?
26. What is your favourite song (at least at the moment)?
I have a few but mostly it’s either Miss Americana and the Heartbreak Prince by Taylor Swift, or it’s Kill This Love by Blackpink!
27. List someone you know and describe them in five words.
Ben – Kind, caring, loving, wonderful, handsome.
28. You can select one person from history and have them truthfully answer one question. Who would you select and what would the question be?
I love a good conspiracy theory so I’d ask Amelia Earhart what truly happened to her.
29. Which celebrity or artist do you resemble the most?
I don’t think I look like anyone! Do you think I do?
30. What do you want me to know?
My DM’s are always open to anyone that needs someone to talk to, help with anything or even just someone who listens to you without judgement. Also if you’re going through anything at the moment, just know it will pass and I promise you that you are not alone.
Sarah – Book Hooked Nook
Ash – For the Love of Books
Nic – Fantastic Book Dragon
Lauren – Northern Plunder
There we go! I hope you enjoyed getting to know me a little better and I will see you tomorrow!
Leave a comment with your answers, or with what you thought of my answers!
Until next time,