This post was originally created by the lovely Jamie over at The Perpetual Page Turner – so go and check out her blog now, it’s amazing!
Number Of Books You Read: 125
Number of Re-Reads: 2
Genre You Read The Most From: Young Adult
1. Best Book You Read In 2017?
I’M SO TORN! Tower of Dawn by Sarah J. Maas OR Eliza and Her Monsters OR Turtles All the Way Down!
2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?
Genuine Fraud by E. Lockhart – I was really disappointed by it. Check out my review here!
3. Most surprising (in a good way or bad way) book you read?
Good: The Last Boy and Girl in the World by Siobhan Vivian – I was so shocked by this book. It was absolutely beautiful and so emotional!
Bad: The Exorcist – I think I’m like the only person in the world who didn’t like this book??? I’M SO SORRY
4. Book You “Pushed” The Most People To Read (And They Did)?
I made my friend Lauren read SO MANY this year!!!! However I told her to read The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness – AND SHE DID AND HATED ME FOR IT!
5. Best Series You Started in 2017? Best Sequel of 2017? Best Series Ender of 2017?
Best Series Starter: Nevermoor by Jessica Townsend – This was so beautifully written and so fun! My review is here!
Best Sequel: Godsgrave by Jay Kristoff – I AM EMOTIONALLY RUINED BY THIS BOOK. PERSONALLY ATTACKED SO MUCH. Find my review here!
Best Series Ender: A Court of Wings and Ruin – I CAN’T COPE WITH THIS STILL. Review here!
6. Favorite New Author You Discovered in 2017?
I am so in love with Emily Williams – her book Letters to Eloise was absolutely beautiful and made me cry so much! Check out my review here!
7. Best Book From a Genre You Don’t Typically Read/Was Out of Your Comfort Zone?
Written For You by Joseph Cognard – this is a play and I really enjoyed it. It was so interesting and so much fun. My review is here!
8. Most Action-Packed/Thrilling/Unputdownable Book of the Year?
Behind Her Eyes by Sarah Pinborough! I AM SHOOK. My review is here!
9. Book You Read In 2017 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year?
Gemina by Jay Kristoff and Amie Kaufman to get ready to end the series with Obsidio – I am NOT READY.
10. Favorite Cover of a Book You Read in 2017?
Nevermoor by Jessica Townsend is such a stunning book! And without the jacket I can’t 😍
11. Most Memorable Character of 2017?
Ooooo so many choices! Definitely Elias because 😍
12. Most Beautifully Written Book Read in 2017?
13. Most Thought-Provoking/ Life-Changing Book of 2017?
Turtles All the Way Down by John Green! I can’t even express my love for this book 😭 My review is here!
14. Book You Can’t Believe You Waited UNTIL 2017 to Finally Read?
Jurassic Park! I am slacking because I LOVE THIS SERIES!
15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2017?
“Your now is not your forever” – Turtles All the Way Down
16. Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2017?
Shortest – Environmentally Friendly by Elias Zanbaka – 19 pages
Longest – The Silence of the Lambs and Red Dragon by Thomas Harris – 708 pages
17. Book That Shocked You The Most?
Behind Her Eyes – THAT ENDING THOUGH.
18. OTP OF THE YEAR (you will go down with this ship!)?
GANSEY AND BLUE BECAUSE REASONS.
19. Favorite Non-Romantic Relationship Of The Year?
Eliza and her two friends because they are amazing so much!
20. Favorite Book You Read in 2017 From An Author You’ve Read Previously?
Definitely A Court of Wings and Ruin because it was just everything I wanted and more!
21. Best Book You Read In 2017 That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else/Peer Pressure?
The Loneliest Girl in the Universe by Lauren James – thank you Lois!
22. Newest Fictional Crush From a Book You Read in 2017?
23. Best 2017 Debut You Read?
Room 119 by Trev Lince – it was so beautiful and just made my heart happy. My review is here!
24. Best Worldbuilding/Most Vivid Setting You Read This Year?
A Torch Against the Night! It was so wonderfully created!
25. Book That Put A Smile On Your Face/Was The Most FUN To Read?
Warlock Holmes series! I love them so much, they’re so much fun!
26. Book That Made You Cry Or Nearly Cry in 2017?
SO MANY OH MY GOD. I literally can’t cope with all of the books I read!
27. Hidden Gem Of The Year?
Eliza and Her Monsters because I still can’t get over how wonderful it was! It broke my heart and made it again so many times!
28. Book That Crushed Your Soul?
ALL OF THEM IN SOME WAY. IT’S TOUGH BEING A BOOKWORM OKAY?
29. Most Unique Book You Read In 2017?
The Diary of a Bookseller by Shaun Bythell! It was so interesting and unique!
30. Book That Made You The Most Mad (doesn’t necessarily mean you didn’t like it)?
ACOWAR BECAUSE OF THAT ONE SENTENCE ON THAT ONE PAGE. I THREW MY BOOK.
1. New Favorite Book Blog You Discovered in 2017?
Sarah’s over at Book Hooked Nook! She is so wonderful and so talented!
2. Favorite Review That You Wrote in 2017?
I loved writing the review of Turtles All the Way Down because that book meant so much to me.
3. Best Discussion/Non-Review Post You Had on Your Blog?
It was nice to have discussions about my book hauls each month!
4. Best Event That You Participated In (author signings, festivals, virtual events, memes, etc.)?
The TEENSGate book blogger event was amazing and my first one! I also got to meet Sarah which was absolutely wonderful!
5. Best Moment of Bookish/Blogging Life in 2017?
Going to the blogging event and being an official Waterstones blogger 😍
6. Most Challenging Thing About Blogging or Your Reading Life This Year?
Trying to balance it all out with uni and my mental health was tough, but it was so worth it!
7. Most Popular Post This Year On Your Blog (whether it be by comments or views)?
8. Post You Wished Got A Little More Love?
My review of Illuminae because I loved this book!
9. Best Bookish Discover (book related sites, book stores, etc.)?
BOOK BESTIES AND DREAMYANDCO BOOKMARKS ARE MY LIFE!
10. Did You Complete Any Reading Challenges or Goals That You Had Set For Yourself at the Beginning of This Year?
I finished my Goodreads goal of 50 books and I’m so proud of myself!
1. One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2017 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2018?
Artemis by Andy Weir! This will be my first book I read HANDS DOWN!
2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2018 (non-debut)?
I can’t choose just one! I actually made a post about this that you can find here!
3. 2018 Debut You Are Most Anticipating?
I can’t wait to read Children of Blood and Bone by Tomi Adeyemi!
4. Series Ending/A Sequel You Are Most Anticipating in 2018?
A Reaper at the Gates by Sabaa Tahir – I need this book so much, and I can’t wait to cry so much from reading it!
5. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging Life In 2018?
I hope to continue to post frequently, and use this as an outlet when I finish my degree next year!
6. A 2018 Release You’ve Already Read & Recommend To Everyone?
Everless by Sara Holland – my review is here!
There we go there it is! I’ve had the most amazing year, thank you for joining me in this year!
Have you done this tag? Link below!
Happy New Year!
Until next time,