Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly book meme created over on The Broke and the Bookish!
So this week it’s a freebie week, so I decided to choose my Top Ten Auto Buy Authors!
1. Sarah J. Maas – Okay so anyone who has even looked at the title and contents of most of my posts will probably realise how much I love this woman. I mean to be honest most of the people who ask me about books will know my love for her because I CANNOT stop talking about her books! Literally as soon as I see she’s releasing a book it goes on preorder because I can’t get enough of how amazing her writing is! For more reasons why I love her, have a look at my previous Top Ten Tuesday post!
2. Stephanie Meyer – Twilight was one of the first series of books I can really remember taking over my life and just allowing myself to completely be immersed in the world Stephanie created so no matter what she will always hold a part of my heart. I’ve also read The Host by Stephanie Meyer and I LOVED it, I’ve reread it so many times. I love her writing style and she holds such nostalgia for me that I will always buy her books! I love Twilight Reimagined, and I hope to read more by her!
3. Cassandra Clare – The Infernal Devices is probably my favourite trilogy, I couldn’t get enough of it. I was the same when The Mortal Instruments were released, and now that the rest of her books are being released for the Shadowhunter Chronicles, she has to be on my auto-buy list because she just creates such wonderful worlds that I definitely want to live in and just read over and over again.
4. Annabel Pitcher – The first book of hers I read was Ketchup Clouds because I just liked the sound of it when I went to the bookshop, and I loved it that much that everytime she releases a book I have to buy it. When Silence is Goldfish was released I instantly put it in my basket and bought it there and then! She’s such an underrated author and really deserves more publicity because she’s amazing!
5. Stephen King – I guess this is pretty obvious since I’ve read so many of his books recently, that and he’s probably one of the most loved authors in the world! His books are the perfect balance of thrilling, horror, exciting and wonderful that I just can’t help but buy his books. They also have the best covers and I just love his books. My goal is to collect them all!
6. Patrick Ness – The Chaos Walking series had one of the best book endings I think I’ve ever read and A Monster Calls was one the most beautiful and heartbreaking book on my shelf, so now whenever I see another of his books I have to pick it up. I’m still to read his other books but safe to say they’re on my shelf ready to be read!
7. Rainbow Rowell – As soon as I saw Carry On was released I bought it instantly without even checking what it was about! She will always be one of my favourites, and even the World Book Day short story Kindred Spirits was amazing too!
8. Cat Clarke – I’ve read all of Cat’s books apart from Lost and Found (which is on my shelf though!) and she is definitely an auto buy author. Her books are brilliant and I read them all in one go because I just never want to put them down!
9. Markus Zusak – Since The Book Thief is my favourite ever standalone book, it’s only right to have him on my auto buy authors list! I have The Messenger but haven’t got around to reading it yet but it’s safe to say I’m extremely excited!
10. Tess Gerritsen – I first read the Rizzoli & Isles series after watching the TV series based on them and I loved them. They were one of the first sets of books that started out my love for thriller and crime books and ever since then she’s been on auto buy!
Who are your auto buy authors? Leave a comment with your Top Ten Tuesdays!