Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly book meme created over on The Broke and the Bookish!
These are 10 reasons why I love the author, Sarah J. Maas!
- She creates amazing characters within her books! Throughout the ToG and ACOTAR series’, I love all the characters she creates. If you’re meant to hate them she writes them in such a way you can’t help but hate them, if you’re meant to love them she writes it beautifully to love them!
- The worlds she creates within her books are beautiful. She truly paints pictures with words and you can’t help but imagine the beautiful settings she describes from Adarlan to Prythian. Her worlds are just flawless.
- She has the best writing style of any author I’ve read before! I’ve read a lot of books in my life, like A LOT. But never before have I become so invested in a story than with Sarah J. Maas books. I can never put them down when I read them, and they’re usually all I can think about whilst reading and after I finish them. Her books are written so beautifully, they really are a masterpiece.
- THE BOOK COVERS ON HER BOOKS ARE ABSOLUTLEY GORGEOUS!! If you haven’t seen the ToG covers or ACOTAR covers then look at the start of the post. They’re probably the most beautiful books I own, and I am SO HAPPY at the Empire of Storms cover. They’re just beautiful, front and back and I love them.
- She’s literally the loveliest person in the world. I’ve seen so many interviews and videos with her in and she’s so so lovely. I honestly think she’s one of the nicest people in the world.
- Her stories are so enticing and fresh compared to most YA. I was getting tired of YA until I read ToG and they were so new in ways I never expected that it brought me out of my YA slump and made me want to read them again. It’s rare I read a book I can’t put down, but every single one of her books I have to binge until I’m done because they’re that good.
- She doesn’t just focus on the main character of the story, but develops other characters too. Too many YA books only focus on the main character(s) of the story and forget about all the smaller characters that take part throughout the novels. Yet with Sarah’s books every character is important, and she takes time to go through their stories and develop their character too. She never forgets about any of the little characters and I love that.
- Character and story development in general is brilliantly paced. I’ve never once been bored with any of her books, they’re so fast paced that you’re always kept on your toes and wanting more. But they’re also never too rushed and underdeveloped, she has a perfect balance between both and it really shows in the books.
- BADASS FEMALE PROTAGONISTS! I love love love a good female protagonist!! Calaena and Feyre are just so cool and badass and characters that I definitely look up to, which I find important in books! They give me inspiration to be a better person, and I love how Sarah creates their image like that, but also shows their faults and that they’re not perfect.
She’s so kind to all her fans and is just so talented it’s unreal. She always replies and retweets on social media, and you can just tell the love and support she has for all us fans! She’s just such a talented writer and a true inspiration for people everywhere.
There we go! That’s my Top Ten Tuesday! I really hope if you haven’t read any Sarah J. Maas books before, that you do soon because she really is one of the greatest authors I’ve read!
There’s a reason why she’s my favourite!
Leave a comment with your Top Ten Tuesday’s below! I’d love to read them!
What do you think of Sarah J. Maas?